onsdag 20 juni 2012

Toastmasters Summerparty

What a lovely evening it was. The party began with a reception and then a short annual meeting. The night was not quite as I had imagined, it was for the better. What wonderful people to develop with. I had not expected that the party would consist of so much play, horseplay and laughter, it was a pleasant surprise.
When the first number was to be held Susanne wanted us to play instead. We had to sit down, two by two with his back turned to the other's back. The second person then got a subscription in his hand. Anyone who had the artwork then told to the other person how he / she would draw and this in time.
I can say that this game was not easy, I made the mistake of thinking about what the artwork represented. I talked to Annitta afterwards about how I thought, and she told me that I would just draw what she said to me, not thinking.
The evening continued with "Guests with gestures" where various people were assigned to patches with different messages. He / she would then convey the message to us through their body language, and the rest of us would guess what was on the patch. This also happened during the time, the one who got the shortest time won. It was probably a long time since I laughed so much, they were all so incredibly talented.
Later in the evening was served the food and coffee and then continued the party with something called "Table Tobics". Under the theme of Table Tobics took various people such topics as Eurovision (also with theatrical), magic, Harry Potter and Twilight, etc. When the person talking about their topic ended it with a question, which contributed to the speaker was relieved by another speaker. I was asked to come up but turned it down.
During the evening were treated to summerspeech and another participant also went up and sang for us. She said it was not so sure how it sounded, but the principle that she got up and sang. After having finished the song, she received a standing ovation and they looked at her how she was bubbling with happiness and joy, for daring to do this. She was fantastic, she made me crave till the day I reach such a development.
The last thing we did before we left was to sing Ida's summer show. Finally, I would just say that I think it was a memorable evening and that I will carry with me a long time, am so glad I have met these wonderful people.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar